As we discussed in almost every ERP system post which we have added on this blog, that Enterprise resource planning ERP systems brings up many advantages in the working and business processes of an organization. Implementing ERP software successful is not an Easy task until you have proper plan ready on each step during as well as after implementation. As ERP implementation sometimes comes with surprises within the organization that can drag the timeline of the project. In this blog post we will discover 10 important steps every company needs to take before implementing an ERP solution.
1. Working on the upfront work of your business processes, roles, hierarchy, departments is important. Create a proper flow before you initiate your ERP system implementation as it saves your timeline and money.
2. Be very specific with your existing business processes or prepare a flow diagram in case you are changing your old processes with new ones with ERP system implementation. Also be assure to give classifications on your pain points with old work flow – this will ensure vendors to prepare or suggest a good workflow.
Read our article – How Consultants help successful ERP implementation
3. Understanding the functional capabilities of each employee with its own department helps to create a powerful ERP software.
4. Once you are through with your new business processes you can create a formal Business requirement document which will give a high level idea about your business and processes to the vendors for requesting the proposal. You can also share the Document with several vendors who have experience in similar kind of ERP software implementation.
5. Cross check your vendors properly with their team members, experience, the resources who would be working on the project and clarify the duties and responsibility of your vendor from Development till final support.
6. Once you selected the vendor you can ask for more ideas from your vendor to resolve your pain points with new erp system. You can ask for Gantt charts, process flows and implementation methodology
Read our Article – ERP Software Development Methodologies
7. As always said that try to initiate with default out of the box functionalities of an ERP solution rather going directly with customization. As custom development of an ERP system is more time consuming as well as costly.
8. Keep it simple – Try to understand what you are getting with implementing an ERP system and how it will benefits your business areas.
9. Go for Proof of Concept – If you are not sure go for a proof of concept with your new ERP system it will help you to judge the software as well as vendor capabilities
Read our Article – Important consideration while Evaluating Open Source Software – Infographics
10. Always make sure to allocate specific employees who know the business processes completely during the implementation as it helps a lot to the vendor to meet your actual needs and requirements.
Out Team at Globalteckz offers you to perpare a proper plan towards ERP system development based on the industry specifications. We offer one of the leading Open source ERP software that meets your needs and business requirements with customized modules development. Our method of working ensures that ERP solution is developed by using Optimum resources with timely delivery incurring lower cost to our customers. Odoo implementation for small and mid sized business is cost effective and requires very less time – you can contact our sales team for more information on Odoo development – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Articles for Enterprise Resource Planning System