Is Open Source Software Free ? This is one of the common questions which comes in the mind of person when they are opting for Open Source software. Free means less features therefore, Open Source Software are considered as second choice for any organization as there are common myths in the mind of decision makers with respect to implementing any Open source software – Today there are many solutions which is in the category of Open source some of them include – Open source ERP software, Accounting software, CMS, ecommerce platforms, designing tools and you name it.
Open source software are backed by the community members who come together creating best solutions to the business. Many believe that Open Source software are free but it is free from Freedom point of view. Confused ? Freedom from licensing, freedom on Customization, Freedom from vendor lock ins etc. Implementing Open source software will bound to have a price which is implementation cost for open source software.
In the below infographics we have covered what are the 5 common Myths and questions that arise or people feel about Open source software.
Check out other our Articles from the Blog
- Efficient order management & (BPM) with ERP software
- ERP Review & Comparison for Top ERP systems
- Why ERP is becoming an essential Business Application
- Advantages of Web based Point of Sales – POS Software
- When to Implement an eCommerce ERP Solution
- ERP system for Small Business – Advantages and Benefits
- MRP – Materials Requirement Planning
- Best practices for preparing ERP project plans
- How ERP software helps in Supply Chain Management
- How to Implement ERP Software Successfully?
- How to evaluate Manufacturing ERP Software and Vendors
- How ERP software helps in Quick Decision making
- When to replace your existing ERP software ?
- The Impact of an ERP software on Purchase Department
- Boost your Company Profits with Enterprise Resource Planning Software (ERP)
- Benefits of Using eCommerce ERP software
- Timeframe for New ERP system
- After Bossie Odoo won the Ernst & Young – Most Promising Enterprise 2013 Award
- Major Mistakes while Implementing an ERP software
- 7 Reasons for ERP Implementation Failure
- ERP solutions for Trading Business