Odoo Customization Service and custom module development offered by Globalteckz in order to ensure you can use ERP software as per your business needs and workflows of your organizations. There are many apps available through which you can add the functionality in existing ERP. But standalone apps don’t work as per the processes that is where you require modify app development or tailored services.
Custom module development package is specifically crafted to ensure you get tailored ERP
development as per your workflows and business requirements. Customization includes new Module Development, Tweaking the functions as per your business processes, Report development from scratch, Odoo Custom fields addition, Custom CRM, Workflows and so on.
When do you need Odoo Customizations ?
Alteration in Odoo is required when your company doesn’t get functionalities within the out of the box system or via Basic implementation. Any company that selects ERP solution spent time and effort to understand the capabilities of ERP software once it fits every criteria from basic functions point of view; then only they finalize for software. We can say to create final decision on implementing any ERP flexibility plays an important role.
As per the ERP Report of 2015 by Panorama Consulting only 5 percent of organizations uses Makeover ERP software that fits the business processes and workflows in the specific way they do business. Rest 95% of organizations buy ERP software that fits their organizational needs without any tailored needs.
Understanding various Requirements & Levels of Customization in any ERP / Odoo software
It is preferred that the lower custom code the quick ERP implementation and easy migration for Future. Since ERP software is one single software used by every business which replaces the legacy and stand alone software, Custom ERP development is required by Businesses. There are various levels of where ERP software is demanded by businesses and organizations to meet their ultimate goal of perfect ERP system. The same can be divided into as follows:
Small code tweaking or no changes in coding refers to No Alteration stage in an ERP software. This category includes a particular App that needs to develop or customize as per the business requirement there can be multiple app or department which works in the particular flow that is not carried out by the industry. Therefore some tailoring may require in ERP software. From 11 to 25 % configurations and settings come in this category.
If there are no custom coding requirements in an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system, it means that the system is being used in its standard, out-of-the-box configuration without any modifications or enhancements specific to the business. This can be beneficial in terms of reducing implementation time and cost, as well as increasing ease of maintenance and upgrading, but it may limit the system’s ability to fully meet the unique needs and requirements of the organization.
1 to 10% addition of new code is where you end up with minor level changes – this means the system meets your specific business requirements and with minor custom development you can start using the solution. Minor code adjustments allows you with quick deployment and goes live of the ERP project.
System with minor re-modeling refers to a system that has been modify to some extent to better fit the specific needs of a business, but the modifications made are not extensive enough to significantly alter the core functionality or architecture of the system. This approach can provide a balance between meeting the specific needs of the organization and minimizing the potential negative impact on system stability, maintenance, and upgradeability.
- Significant Customization
If you are accommodating an ERP solution which is between 26% to 50% then you are looking out for significant change requirement. This may increase the timeline of the development as well as the cost of overall project. Modifications made to an ERP system that significantly alter the system’s core functionality or architecture to better fit the unique needs of a business.
These may involve changes to the user interface, business processes, data structure, or system integrations, among other areas. While significant custom development can help an organization achieve greater system fit and process automation, they can also increase implementation time and cost, as well as the complexity of maintaining and upgrading the system.
If you are looking out for changes which is more than 50% of each and every module this belongs to extreme revamping. This happens when you get the solution which fits your business needs or provides you with confidence but there are certain areas which are still not covered by the ERP software.
- Completely Customize ERP solution
Completely customized ERP software also called In-house developed ERP – Here you can select the best of breed solution that fits your business needs in every aspect and develop it in-house or via vendors. These kinds of ERP solutions are time and cost consuming further there are risk involved of failure and resource availability.
Our team at Globalteckz has performed more then 100+ different Custom module development with Odoo ERP software and many more 3rd party integrations as per business requirements of our customers. One of the biggest advantages of choosing Odoo over other ERP software is that it is completely customizable from a functionality point of view.
What is the difference between Customization and Configuration:
When it comes to making your Odoo ERP system your own assets, there are a lot of terms that can get thrown around, including customization and configuration. Your vendor/partner will expertly collect your business requirements, and then either configure your system to meet these requirements or customize your system to meet your needs.
Many times lot of people get confused with Configurations vs Customization. Although both are different which we will discuss in this section. There is a huge difference in both model. Custom development includes adding new code in either an existing module of Odoo or creating a new module through coding to meet the needs of the company. Whereas Configurations include only settings in ERP software to meet the needs of the customer. The time-frame for both varies as new coding requires time whereas configuration can be done in few clicks.
Odoo Customization :
When you customize an Odoo ERP software, you are building functionality that doesn’t currently exist anywhere in the software even either through 3rd party apps. If your Odoo Partner don’t have the capabilities to achieve the customizations you are looking out for then there may be difficulties that will increase your implementation timeline and the desire outcome of a particular Odoo Module.
- Custom coding requires both Technical as well as Function knowledge.
- Alteration or Customized Development needs powerful Product knowledge.
- Modifications is always unique to your company processes.
- Standard Coding’s are added to meet business requirements
- Can be costly compare to Configurations.
- Requires Time for Planning, Coding as per Odoo Standards, development, Testing, Interlinking with other Modules.
- A vendor may require allocation of Multiple resources such as Technical, Functional, Testers etc.
Configurations is not as tricky compare to custom development because with Configurations you just change the existing functionality without coding. When you are configuring ERP you are actually building the workflows in a few clicks. Setting capabilities are very important part compare to customization. Vendor must be able to understand the complete level of configurations that can be performed in Odoo. Else, with poor knowledge, the vendor will end up customizing everything in Odoo which will increase the ERP implementation cost as well as timelines of the project.
- Configuration requires a deep Knowledge and understanding of each module. Example – MRP, Sales, Human Resource Management.
- Configuration never touches the core code of the module. Everything is handled through settings.
- It can be easily revertible if not suiting your business needs.
- Cheaper compare to Custom module development.
- Need lesser time but a thorough understanding of where the other modules will affect with a particular configuration.
- It can be handled by Functional resource – Technical resource may not be required
Examples : Customizations vs Configurations
- Personalization Odoo ERP color changes – Mostly Configuration can be performed through rebranding app
- Change field labels, Creation of roles specific to the organization – CO
- Creation of business intelligence specific to the organization – CU
- Tailoring on high level – Mostly CO & Some CU
- Modification of existing reports to reflect the business requirements – CU if reports not available in odoo.
- Enhancement of existing interfaces to reflect the business requirement e.g. Hiding of fields, changes in the flow of field entry that does not impact the business logic – CO + CU
- Addition of business-specific fields or tables for the collection of essential business information that does not impact the processing of transactions or calculations – CU based on Industry
Automation – Some Configuration, Some Customization
Creation of Business Process Automation (BPM)
Modification of the Odoo out of the box process to remove or add steps as per the business requirements.
Addition of fields or tables to be utilized in performing calculations or automation of processes
Integration = 3rd Party Apps + Configuration + Customization
There are various 3rd party integration apps or connector available which can be integrated with odoo ERP software. Some of them include Quickbooks, Magento, Woocommerce, Prestashop, Shopify, Amazon, Shipstation, Authorize.net integration and so on…. These 3rd party apps can be purchased easily and installed – There may be few configurations or code modification require to meet your specific business needs only in case require which may be as follows
- Development of integration points for importing data.
- Development of data exports.
- Extending the functions of the existing integration – Mostly Customization.
- Development of new functionality within existing modules.
- Development of new solution functionality for specific business requirements outside of existing modules.
- Creating a new 3rd party app – Complete Development as a new project.
Why Odoo Customization Services from Globalteckz?
- Globalteckz is an Official Odoo partners
- Working on OpenERP since 2009 – version 5 till Odoo 16
- Located in the Financial Hub of India – Mumbai
- Completed more than 150 + Complicated Projects.
- Over 100+ custom apps developed
- Consist of team members including Sr. Developers, Project Leads, Testers etc
- If your business is dynamic in process then Custom development is best to meet your short term and long term goals.
- Along with Customization you can integrate your Odoo software with 3rd party software
- It can reduce the duplication of entries as well as removal of unnecessary fields.
Consumption Time = 10 days
Consumption Time = 15 days
Consumption Time = 25 days
Consumtion Time = 40 days
A Big advantage of Odoo ERP software Customization package is that it ensure you to understand the basic functions of the system and how you can tweak Functions as per your business processes. Further you can also remove or add fields that are required in your Reporting and other forms. This ensures every department needs are fullfilled while using ERP software.
Module development also ensures you to minimise the cost by changing your workflow as per Enterprise resource planning business processes in case require.
A Small infographics on off the shelf software vs custom software development
Read more articles about ERP development