What is Odoo ERP Software?
Odoo ERP is one of the leading Open source Enterprise resource Planning software also known as OpenERP previously. It consist of various Apps and modules such as CRM, Sales, Manufacturing, Project Management, Purchases, Human Resource Management etc. Based on industry verticals there are various apps available which can be installed and used by organizations some apps are available for free in Open Source model. Development and implementation allow you to choose from thousands of modules available on the shop.
Globalteckz as an Odoo software development company based in India offers you with end to end services such as customization, implementation, integration, training support. ERP Implementation & Development helps you to enhance your business processes and productivity of your Organization.
What is an ERP software ?
ERP software is also known as Enterprise Resource Planning software which is designed by businesses to improvise the efficiency of an organization. Implementing an ERP software allows you with many benefits such as increase in the productivity and the business processes and overall growth of your company.
What is Open Source ?
An Open Source software is available freely over the internet which can be download and installed with the available modules. Open source also coined as community edition where a pool of technical & functional erp experts come together for a better ERP solution. Open source ERP software allows you with many benefits one of them is the license and software costs.
How Does an ERP System Work?
The main purpose of an ERP system is to increase the organizational efficiency of an organization by managing and improving how company resources are utilized. ERP systems typically cover all aspects of business operations and commonly provide:
- An integrated system
- Common database
- Real-time operation
- Support for all applications/components
- Common user interface across application/components
- On-premise, cloud-hosted, or SaaS deployment
ERP software has the ability to collect and compare metrics across departments and provide a number of different reports based on roles or specific user preferences. The database collected makes finding and reporting on data and gives a complete overview of business performance with complete insights on how resources are being spent.
ERP synchronizes reporting and automation by reducing the need to maintain separate databases and spreadsheets that would have to be manually merged to generate reports. This combined data collection and reporting offers valuable insight, such as where to cut costs and streamline processes, providing the information to make real-time business decisions.
Which types of business uses Odoo?
According to our experience, As a good ERP solution for small and mid-sized businesses that you should take into account while evaluating Enterprise level modules. Compare to any other expensive high-end systems like SAP or Oracle ERP. This software is used by companies across many industries such as.
- Finance Companies
- Manufacturing companies
- Services Companies
- Research & Development Companies
- Training companies
- Distribution companies
- Field Operation Companies
- Consultants and Software Partners
- IT companies with trained developers
- Accounting firms.
How Odoo ERP works?
- All ERPs use a set of core technology which is as follows.
- Odoo/ERP uses MVC-based Architecture.
- Models are the classes stored in the PostgreSQL database.
- Views are the web or GTK clients.
- Controllers are the ORM methods or API which interact with view and models.
- API framework with third-party services.
Various Odoo Versions & Editions:
There are various versions of Odoo Available such as version 16 being the latest one and version 17 which may release next year probably, and older version such as version 15, 14, 13, 12 and so on… The latest version offers you new modules and capabilities that can be upgraded as per the company’s needs and requirements. Every year there is a new version released by to ensure the software is up to the mark and fulfill business needs.
Apart from the release of new version every year there are various editions which need to be understood before you opt for Selection between community & enterprise. There are 2 Editions are as follows
- Odoo Community Edition : (Free Edition) is available for free of cost and you can start implementing for free on your own server. You need to understand what modules or apps your business requires based on that you can start installing and configuring those modules.
- Odoo Enterprise Edition : (Paid Edition) Enterprise is a paid edition that offers you advance features and apps for your business. These features are not available with community edition. You can perform advance accounting, manufacturing, Project management, inventory management functions with Enterprise edition. There are again multiple options available Enterprise edition targeting small to large size business.
Various Options for Enterprise Edition Online vs Odoo.sh vs On Premise
Online enterprise edition is easy to start with your software which is available online and managed Odoo Servers. You cannot change any modules or customize the solution. It is targeted to small businesses who want to use ERP software without any custom development. If you are okay with the availability of current functionalities you can used this version. Although if you need any kind of changes or process re designing then this version is not for your business. Via Studio module you can customize the solution only at a field level but advance coding or extra coding cannot be handled by this version.
Odoo.sh Enterprise Edition, is also called as cloud version which is hosted on Odoo server. With this version you purchase the private cloud server from odoo that is inclusive of the user licenses. The server provided are fast and can be increased or decreased based on your usage. For this version you need to either have technical knowledge towards the installation or coding experience– this can be one with the help of partners who are available all around the world. Further, you can use also use the custom module or 3rd party applications with Odoo.sh. Therefore customization is possible and external apps can be installed through this version.
With On-premise you can take add-ons of your Odoo ERP and implement, install on your own server rather such as Amazon, Digital Ocean, Godaddy or any other local server you have. You can also customize on-premise software as per your business needs. The license pricing is lower compare to Odoo.sh as you bear all the charges of server and only pay for user licenses.
Odoo Features :
- ComprehensiveA company can be undertaken by various sectors of businesses. Being Open source ERP software is specifically crafted for Small and Medium Sized organization with modules available for specific industries be it the Trading, Manufacturing, Services industry. Another important benefit of using is its a simple web-based ERP software, where users from anywhere can and update details. Some of the other features which your organization can use are Reports, Inventory Management & Tracking, Point of Sales, Integration with eCommerce or any specific modules as per the organization requirements.
- Modular & App-BasedAnother feature is Modular in nature for different specific industries there are modules available which can be used as standard modules some of the example of Modules are Hospital management, Loan Management, Insurance Management, Advance Manufacturing, and so on. These specific industries module further helps you to integrate with the standard Apps Making it as a full-fledged industry-specific solution.
In case any app or Module which your industry or vertical looking out for is not available you can further customized and tailored to fit for specific business needs. You can hire an partner to enhance your software and business processes.
There are different options available such as Open source software (Community) | Enterprise Version, SAAS Based model to meet your organization’s needs and requirements based on the size.
- Powerful CommunityAny Business software or any Solution capabilities are judge by its community and members who are working round the clock to enhance and develop new features, The backbone is Open source community and its partners who contribute to different areas and the invention of new modules everyday meeting the needs of organizations across the globe.
- Cost EffectiveThe basic community edition which is also called as Open source enterprise resource planning software consist of various features and apps that can be use for standard operations, Further community edition bears no licensing fees on per user basis that makes a cost-effective Solution.
- No Vendor Lock inUnlike other proprietary tools, Odoo ERP software don’t require vendor lock-in where you can change your vendor whenever required in case your company is not comfortable with existing Partner or Vendor. Further there are more than 500+ partners around the world to choose from.
What are Benefits and Advantages of Odoo?
- Easy to use
- Low Maintenance Cost
- Provides wide ranges of Apps & Modules
- Integrates with numerous third-party add-on software apps
- Provides an Odoo free version called Community as welll as licensed based.
Businesses will pay for an app if necessary. Use CRM app when it comes to managing only customers or Accounting for financial management. To simplify your business operations, business management, and financial management processes, it is simple to integrate the solution and third-party apps. The Community edition is free for seasoned IT developers who are familiar with Python and other computer coding languages, but it is deficient in many features compared to the Enterprise edition.
How much does Odoo cost
The cost of Odoo is based on the edition you select between community to enterprise. Further if you are using Enterprise edition – It depends on how many users there based on which the license cost will differ. Vendor services charges are different based on the size of the project. Plus you also need to understand the industry example – Manufacturing ERP implementation may take time whereas simple trading ERP would cost lower.
The open-source, free version can be downloaded from GitHub or online . However the services are limited. You can only access basic features. If you are looking to hire Odoo developers in India, USA, Canada and France? We are available to help with best Odoo services for your business.
Complete List of Odoo Services Offered by Globalteckz
Our Team at Globalteckz have completed many Odoo development, we have pool of Sr. developers with more then 7+ years of Experience in Handling projects for small to big organization. Every development at Globalteckz is carried with the best Software development methodology to ensure success of every projects we undertake
Odoo consist of variety of modules that can be used on default or Out of the box vanilla implementation, Understanding that every business have different workflows and business processes; We at GlobalTeckz offer you with customization services since being Open Source – it can be customized as per the business requirement. We completely understand the basic business flows of our clients before initiating any customization in the software. We also offer new app / module development in to meet the needs of those clients which cannot be implemented from the existing modules customization.
3rd Party software Integration is another area when you need other applications to be integrated with Odoo software. Being a web based ERP software it allows you to integrate all your 3rd party applications easily via available API keys or via web services. We have integrated many 3rd party software some of them are Magento Integration, Amazon.com Integration, eBay Integration, Shipping carriers such as UPS, USPS, FedEx, QuickBooks Integration and many more.
GlobalTeckz team offers support which can be an ongoing process. Our support plans based on Quarterly, Half Yearly and Yearly depending upon the requirement. We undertake and offer you with complete support of Project to ensure the software is working smooth. We also ensure that our client’s queries are resolved in no time. Therefore our resource works in multiple time zones to ensure support to other countries.
Training can be Technical or Functional. We offer Tutorial at competitive pricing with expert resources via onsite, offshore such as skype or team viewer or via Documentation.
Consultation is another services Globalteckz team offer. ERP Consultation is vast and can be offered on Modules implementation, Customization, Industry wise and so on. Our Consultation team have many years of experience in Manufacturing, Trading and various other ERP implementation.
Every year upgrades to new version happens with more strong features and modules to meet various business needs, therefore we also offer version migration of Odoo. Our team has successfully migrated older version to the latest version for our customers.
How Odoo Implementation done:
Odoo can be implemented in two ways. Either we can Host it on any server (preferably Linux-based) or we can use it Locally.It depends on user needs. In both cases the basic implementation steps are:
- Set up the load balancing if needed
- Set up the Postgresql database.
- Install applications.
- Install customized apps if any as per the client’s requirement.
- Configure the basic master like company info, user details, warehouse, etc.
- Configure user-wise access levels.
- And use the System.