The implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning – ERP Application requires a through planning and off course time and Investment with the efforts of every department. The process of “change” from the already existed system to the latest system also consumes time as loads of legacy data needs to be migrated. Organization opt for ERP application to ensure streamlining of their internal procedures and for increment in your level of production and every department. However when the implementation has taken place, companies restore their existing ERP application with a new one in order to derive a better quality of software, an effective return on investment, a workload reduction and advancement predictability.
There are different reasons why a company restores their existing ERP application. If the organization makes use of an old methodologies, it might be required to get a current re-engineered procedures of business which are very easy to use.
The existing software does not have some special attribute to provide support for future expansion; the company might need to search for a substitute to ensure their demands are met. If the organization has the resources, it will restore the previous system with the latest ERP software for deriving the technical advancement. And with the previous ERP software, the system may not be easy to handle if it consumes a lot of time. It might not have the ability to fulfill the requirement of the business and this might prompt a company to find a replacement for their existing ERP Application with more advance ERP Application.
Read our article – TIMEFRAME FOR NEW ERP SYSTEM
The basic reason to change your current ERP software or business application with new ERP is the advantages you gain from the replacement without creating hassles in your existing processes. We have listed out few point when your organizations or companies replace their existing business tools with new ERP software.
- The existing business software cannot adhere to the current business processes. This can happen from the day you implemented your business software or ERP application which performs poorly on handling the business processes.
- Another good reason is replacing your existing ERP application with new one is that your business is growing at a faster rate and current ERP/Business application are unable to manage those changes via software. Since we all know when business grows new processes and new departments are crafted to ensure smooth working within departments.
Read our Article – HOW CONSULTANTS HELP SUCCESSFUL ERP IMPLEMENTATION
- Manual Processes, Even after implementing your Old ERP application or different business software for different departments if you are doing offline processes such as handling things via spreadsheets, data entries duplication, this is one area where your current software is unable to automize all the processes and these manual work eaten up loads of time of your employees.
- Unable to handle change management within your current ERP software some of the examples are integration with third party tools such as Bar code integration, weighting machine integration and so on or creating a new module is another area where organization tend to change their existing ERP software with new one.
Above we covered many point on when you need to replace your existing software with a new ERP software remember the term software refers to a simple software such as Accounting software, CRM software, HRM software that is not interlinked with other departments therefore company opt for new ERP software.
Read our article – HOW TO MANAGE YOUR RESOURCE IN BETTER WAY WITH ERP SOFTWARE
Globalteckz Experience :
- We have even seen many organization replacing their existing ERP application which are costing heavy licensing fees via proprietary software with Open Source ERP software. At Globalteckz we offer you with one of the leading Open source ERP software named as Odoo – We are official partners of Odoo and have completed more than 45+ successful implementation across the globe including replacing high cost licensed software with Odoo which is cost effective being open source.
Read our article – Best ERP Application for your Business
For more information you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Other related articles you might be interested in reading
- How to select Best ERP Software for your business
- Why Web based ERP software is preferred mostly
- Important consideration while Evaluating Open Source Software – Infographics
- How much an ERP implementation Cost
- THE IMPACT OF AN ERP SOFTWARE ON PURCHASE DEPARTMENT
- Why Small business Management Software is Helpful?